Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: gas prices/Wayne

It's not just the prices and taxes that gets to me. Every single gas station has exactly the same price right to the fraction of 1/10th of a cent. Now I am a believer in free enterprise and the right to run a business and price your products and services as you see fit. But this is not like me and you running a small business and competing competitively in the market place for business. This is price fixing without a doubt as it would be impossible for each gas station that's owned by huge corporations to have exactly the same costs. An independent station opened up and even built his own storage tanks to get good prices and his gas was always cheaper and he even started gas wars with low prices now and again. Then a big gas corporation bought him out lock stock and barrel and that was the end of that. But it did prove the point. If I tried to fix prices with my fellow contractors I would be charged with price fixing which is against the law. But these large gas corps seem to be able to do as they wish without any repercussions. I guess as long as governments can use this product to continue to add more taxes it's ok.

Messages In This Thread

Re: gas prices/Wayne