Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: gas prices
In Response To: Re: gas prices ()

I don't think much about the blame. But the funny thing about the prices?

One station will be 1 price and right across the road will be a different price and 2 stores down will again be different from the other two. And all the stores have lines of people waiting and glad to pay almost any price? ;)

The good thing for us is. Our gas provider switched to a mixture of ethanol a little over a year ago and now all area stations and providers are 100% ethanol mix.
It has helped our are hold prices down compared to some others areas. Even though over all. Prices are similar.
But cleaner burning is good in my book! ;)
Companies would tell you 3 months before they switched 100%, so you could have everything ready to go.

I will say it has been a great bussiness to be in over the years! ;)

One other thing about the prices I talked about above. Even the same company stores just a few hundred feet away from each other will have different prices! LOL!
I understand price fixing ect.
BUT!
WHY can't they ALL charge the same price! In the SAME area?
Especially when you can walk out of one and then walk right into the other? ;)

That's life! ;)

Messages In This Thread

Re: gas prices