Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Selling Options Profit /coral

Hi Coral,

Winseer did a good job explaining risks in the options market. Since I am in education business (my day job), let me offer this analogy. Imagine that you are asked to walk through a dense and dangerous forest at night. In Case A, you are told that your risk of getting hurt is 1% (this is option buying) and in Case B, you are told that your risk of getting hurt is anywhere from 0 to 100% (option selling). Which case would you pick? I personally would go with Case A now. Would you?

As I said before, I went through the B-forrest in my equity-selling-puts days. It hurt a lot. But, hey, maybe I am just stupid and everybody else will be OK.

Messages In This Thread

Re: Selling Options Profit /coral