Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: March Silver/Lee/Trades
In Response To: March Silver/Lee *PIC* ()

Hi Trades,
Thanks for chart/comments.

That's what I'm hoping for !!!
I only want those OOM puts to go up, I have already put my toe in the water.

I'll have to get some numbers together. But today 4 contracts traded on the 18P and 159 so far on the 20P.

I clearly do not expect SIH to drop that far to bring them ITM. There are still 48 days left to expiration.

I did this as an experiment, to force me to try to learn how these things really behave as a function of the price of the underlying and what really happens as expiration approaches.

What I clearly do not understand:
At some point (say they go up in value) I will want to trade out of them, assuming they will never go ITM.

There must be some point where no one will want to buy them !!! All I can see for a market for this things is various spreads folks set up as expiration approaches. There has to be a point where the "buying interest" dries up.

That is my dilemma at this point.

Thanks, Lee

Messages In This Thread

Re: March Silver/Lee/Trades