Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: trades " time"/paul
In Response To: Re: trades " time"/Duck ()

NOPE not any more. Drove me crazy bouncing around with the 5min charts and at the time a poor trading platform with freezing up etc. Finally said screw it. Now after paying off every debt I had and building up a nice retirement/trading account I can trade the ETFs in the SPX, NDX and dozens of other ETFs including Inverse ones and double bull and double bear ones. PLus there are now numerous commodity based ETFs as well. They serve the purpose the same without all the futures baggage to deal with. And the leverage with them is not extreme and can't get you into too much trouble but still have excellent returns far better than I used to make with the Emini contracts.
I've also found a 15min chart keeps you light years ahead of things compared to the 5 min charts and gives you much better, clearer and stronger patterns to trade with and much better perspective on direction. I mentioned this to a couple of guys that traded with 5 min charts and they switched to 15min and find them far better for those reasons as well. Just don't need or even want to be looking at a 5min chart unless you are just scalping a point now and again. Much bigger and cleaner swings with the 15min charts. But to each his own.......... We all see and trade differently. That's what makes a market it seems.

Messages In This Thread

Re: trades " time"/paul