Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: T-Bond Chart With Bollinger bands/Wayne

And I thought only I had questions like this. The bands can only widen when volatility increases either way. Like a plunge or a sudden jump up. Then both sides balloon out. Coral's strategy is supposed to be a good one but I'm not smart enough to use the strategy. I would think an Option Strangle with 2-3 strikes out of the money on both puts and calls would work well too. With this low volatility and tight range the option prices would reflect that and should be cheap. Then when things go crazy one side is very correct and not only often doubles or triples quickly but the premium expands on them also with option sellers getting a premium for them. In my more adventurist days I used to trade TBond options. I found there are better ways to lose money more slowly than that,lol.... But if you are right you are very very right on them and they can pay off big time. But the chart pattern with the small channel showing tells you the same thing as the Bollinger bands that it's trading in a tight range but can be seen easier relative to previous price action. The centre line on the bands is simply a 20sma.

Messages In This Thread

Re: T-Bond Chart With Bollinger bands/Wayne