Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Trades...time for a EURO chart/Trades

Hmmmmm...definetely food for thought right now as everything seems to be whipsawing quite violently...
If I was better funded (deep pockets) I might consider selling some options soon to take advantage of the extreme volatility...
It is safer though to buy an option before the volatilty increase...in anticipation of the increase...and then sell that position into the higher volatility...
thereby not having the direct exposure to naked options selling.. 'cause it can always get MORE volatile...lol....and having unprotected unlimited exposure
thru selling options would keep me awake at nights...
Spreads are the best answer maybe to this problem...if you are going to sell options do it with spreads...to limit risk...
My favorite trade will likely remain watching for a setup in a low volatilty quiet market that appears to be preparing for a breakout, (and thereby an increase in volatility,) so then buying the option at the point of the breakout, letting volatility increase and selling into the premium increase...WITHOUT holding out for hopes of a moonshot, lol....this type of trading can work well over and over again....
But market conditions have to be right, you have to be patient, and right now market conditions are not exactly condusive to this type of trading...hehe... so maybe until things quiet down again (at least reletively) just a quick trade on a strong divergence here or there will have to do...

Messages In This Thread

Re: Trades...time for a EURO chart/Trades