Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

High oil price not yet a growth risk: Fed's Lacker

High oil price not yet a growth risk: Fed's Lacker (by Greg Robb)

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- The recent run-up in oil prices is not a risk to the recovery to date, said Jeffrey Lacker, president of the Richmond Fed on Friday. "I think it is a manageable risk," Lacker told reporters on the sideline of a monetary policy conference sponsored by the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. Lacker said he had not made up his mind whether he would advocate scaling back the Fed's $600 billion bond-buying program at the next Federal Open Market Committee meeting on March 15. Lacker said he did not attribute much of the recent pickup in the economy to the bond purchases. Other Fed officials have defended the bond-buying program because the current growth outlook is relatively muted compared with past recoveries. Lacker said the economy is being held down by the weak housing sector. "I think we should expect a slower recovery and I think we may have to live with that," Lacker said.