Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Coin Processing Fee - NTR

I tend to accumulate change as I am an impatient shopper, and hate to dig thru my pockets for exact change. Do not like to see someone in the grocery line digging thur pockets, wallets, and bottoms of purses looking for exact change while I wait in line. Therefore, I end up with change stored in containers such as coffee cans. Usually I end up stuffing them into paper rolls and taking them to the bank to exchange for paper money.

Noticed that in the local grocery store they have two coin machines that you pour your coins into, they get counted, you get a voucher, you go to customer service, and you get paid in paper money. What a deal. Took a small bucket of coins, and ran them thru the machine. Took about a minute. The display said around $102 and that was great! However the payout was about $93 because of a coin processing fee of 9.8%, which was almost $10 for a minutes of work. I guess it was worth it. The machine said there is a fee, but I did not see it posted anywhere until I saw it on the voucher. Also tried to use the machines once and the display said they were not working. One of the grocery store clerks said that was because they were both full of coins, and needed to be emptied. Guess they are used quite a bit.

It really saved me time, but I didn't like kicking over the ten spot. I am sure I will use it again. Then again would be a good chore for anyones kids, and nieces and nephew. Rather have them count it up take it to the bank and pay them the 9.8% for the effort.

I know you can buy your own machine. Have one but it is more of a sorting machine and sorts them into stacks based on denomination, but I still have to count them for accuracy.

Messages In This Thread

Coin Processing Fee - NTR