Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

TD Bank Coins +/Trades, ++

Hi Trades, All

Trades, in the coin counting/redemption posts a few days back you mentioned TD was a Canadian bank/company and I think you said "quite well respected".

Here's a report from USA - Northeast !!!

They apparently have been taking over banks in the Northeast at a rapid rate. There are more in North Jersey now than I cared to count !!

I was told (by another bank that wouldn't take my coins not having an account there) to go to TD. Several months later, I finally did .... today.

Well, they will count/take the coins but now take a 6% haircut unless you have an account. Well, not wanting to just summarily "take the haircut" I asked where do you have branches and it turned out they have one right in town in Vermont !!!

SOOOOO, I opened an account !!! [and the $14 or so in pennies that I had carried in was enough of a bank roll to do it !!]

Checking with debit card, free online banking with free online bill pay (I currently pay $5/mo. for bill pay and thought that was a good deal). No minimum balance for first year, then $100 there after along with a whopping 0.01% interest paid !

Let's see, then there is a free small safe deposit box for first year, and $12/year (fixed) there after.

Sound like I'm "advertising" for TD Bank ??? YES I AM !!

All done in one short session, I did not fill out a single piece of paper, they did it all, simply signed the "signature form".

Walked out with my debit card, all ready to go. Three starter checks, 50 more free ones due in mail in about a week (which I won't really use/need anyway) and my deposit ticket for that whopping $14++ that I ran through the coin machine (which worked great BTW) AND no "haircut" on my coins. I likely have another $100 or so in coins to get rid of. Then a small quantity of deposit tickets so I can mail in a check to deposit if need be.

End result:
ABSOLUTELY THE BEST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD DEALING WITH A BANK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee
PS
www.tdbank.com

Messages In This Thread

TD Bank Coins +/Trades, ++