Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: DX at long term support?/Winseer

I would have to concur regarding the wide ranging effect of any serious move in DX near term.

It seems the entire market spectrum has become related to merely energy or dollar price!

The Euro, ignoring debt issues and hyping up interest rate hopes as an excuse to rally seems far fetched, yet the uptrend has yet to break.

I remember "black wednesday" 1992 when interest rates were hiked multiple times in one day - only to have the sterling currency collapse faster and faster.

There seems to be this idea that high interest rates =automatically higher exchange rate. 1992 proved otherwise, but it seems the majority of FX players out there working at bank desks must have been in nappies back in 1992.... Either that, or mass amnesia has taken hold heh!

A serious dollar rally now will probably cause most all of the many commodity bull markets to engage in at least a correction. Rally above 80 and it might even spell the end of the commodity bubble entirely. Gotta be highly possible I think.

No attempt seems to have been made by petrodollars to force food prices down to bring stability back to their own back yard, as I understand most of the hoohar in the middle east is about expensive food rather than unpopular dictators - that have only become unpopular BECAUSE of expensive food!

I hear that PboC are likely to hike again later this week... Will this have an effect this time I wonder?

Messages In This Thread

Re: DX at long term support?/Winseer