Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: methods/roger
In Response To: Re: methods ()

My charts on May Corn showed "buy point" using a conservative technical method that has a good long term track record. Nothing to do with being short for a few days. The trend is up and only a counter trend trader would have considered shorting a bullish uptrend like this rather than buying at exact pullback lows to the previous high method. Lots of methods as that is just one. Why anyone would care if a top or bottom is in place is beyond me other than to say "I called it". That is all about ego. I don't ever "call" anything as it isn't important. Only a decent set up that repeats and has a high odds of success is important so others can possibly use it to make money or protect their present positions. And this 6th buy set up 'appears' to be failing. I would be out at this 6th set up with a minor loss and leave it alone until it plays out. The 1st 5 worked well. We have seen many of your calls and many of them have not been correct. Last one I recall was in Jan-Feb I think of last year on the grains when you called a bottom and prices continued down. I don't recall others than the seasonal low at the end of Sept a couple of years ago that is visible on any free Seasonal trend chart. I don't look for fights either but when someone claims to have the holy grail and then condemns other methods of analysis it tends to piss people off as it has a 'guru' styled 'above it all' air about it. That will have people biting your head off. I can recall more than a few barbs sent your way due to your claims of unique guidance. If you have something that works now and again I suggest you quantify it clearly and not try to state a 'firm'top or bottom. If your studies have any validity to them and if you understand them you should clarify whether this may be only a short term or intermediate term or weak or strong or likely top or bottom rather than making a profound declaration of a top or bottom. You would gain a lot more credibility and interest in your analysis. One must always quantify the strength or weakness of each set up as they are all different. I suspect your cycle dates are as well. And I am a believer in cycles. There is already a weather user that slams everyone elses analysis and makes outrageous claims that are more wrong than right and could cost others serious money. I suggest you avoid being labeled in that category of poster.

Messages In This Thread

Re: methods/roger