Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: forgot to include/Roger/Lee/Wayne

Well that is why I posted this chart. All we need is more dates and we can all see the results. As I said I don't expect any system to predict the exact date. As long as a 'turn' date in the market was reasonably close it would have value. My only observation was the distance between the dates was 9 months. That is the 273 days apart(more or less) that he is referring to I suppose. I pointed out in my last post that looking backwards 9 months before the Dec/8/08 low would have been March/08 and there was a minor low there. I wondered if that was also a date. But it would be nice to keep track of it for reference. Just a bunch of numbers isn't going to help the average trader plan a possible trade around it. And stating a Grain market is at a top or bottom without a chart of some type would only frustrate the average trader when it can be out by a week or so and then stop a trader out. With a chart I know if I was going to use it for a trade I'd wait for a couple of weeks for some price confirmation before taking a position rather than jumping in on an exact day and possibly having a draw down for weeks.

Messages In This Thread

Re: forgot to include/Roger/Lee/Wayne