Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: The New Bull Thesis for Currencies/Trout

Yes I prefer Linear charts as well. I can switch to either and have printed off charts with both and am sold on the Linear charts. I had read somewhere that Logarithmic charts were better but this entire percentage gain stuff tends to exaggerate most everything especially a chart. I gave a guy an example of percentage b.s. once: your $100 stock falls to $10 losing 90% of its value. Then it rallies from $10 to $20 which is up 100%. So what are you going to do with the 10% profit you just gained,LOL. That made the point about percentage change b.s. well I thought. Good to use to make a point only. Like the SPX doubling since March/09 but still being well under the 2007 highs.

As far as AD goes I agree a drop back to that 1.01 breakout pt high of Nov/Dec/Feb and March would be the buy point. That usually is the best buy point on a Daily chart. I suspect smart money is finished with this 11 day run up and will be looking to buy down there. Note how the run up began 11 days before the seasonal buy date. I need to spend some time on that again and start following smart money rather than reacting to them. Don't know if AD will get all the way down to 1.01 as April is the strongest seasonal month of the year for AD. And then from early May it comes down just as fast. Might just be out of time on this.

Messages In This Thread

Re: The New Bull Thesis for Currencies/Trout