Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Broker Question/Lee/James/Rabbit
In Response To: Broker Question/Lee/James ()

Hi Rabbit,
I think I understand your question.

Yes you can trade all from same account (not Forex).

Basically all are treated the same, you trade a "product" be it a stock, etf or futures contract. You always deal with a "quantity", the default is normally 1 unit.

You maintain a "watch list(s)" of symbols (never maxed out) and you can switch among them for your "real time data stream" and "real time streaming charts".

You can enter trades at least 2 ways, from an "orders page" which allows you to set up "conditional orders" or right from the "streaming charts" page (which I really like for entry/exit) when you just want to initiate a trade. Here you can set parameters such as buy/sell, quantity, market/limit, price. I like this because you have current last trade, bid/ask, b/a quantity etc. right in front of you as well as the chart. Thus, if you want to "split the spread" or do a little "duck shooting" by leading where you think things might go in short order, you can.

Anyway, I hope this helps.
Ox has been "Impeccable" in my opinion. I hope the CS buyout doesn't introduce any negatives.

Lee

Messages In This Thread

Re: Broker Question/Lee/James/Rabbit