Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Hal/Silverbear
In Response To: Hal ()

Hi Silverbear,

I've been watching Oil closely in recent weeks/months but have not touched it since exiting short positions last summer. Feel there will be a good shorting opportunity somewhere into late spring/early summer that I'll try to take advantage of. In the meantime, I've been trading mostly in the NG sector with a mixture of stocks (ECA, mid-tier producers) ETF's and options. Also looking for a seasonal peak and correction in the precious metal sector. Have been building a short position in the senior gold stocks, which took some heat in the last week coming into the near government shutdown. Things look to be turning back in my favor today, but will not press my position until I see more technical evidence of a break.

Glad to hear your step-daughter is enjoying her time in Halifax and at Dalhousie. I have very fond memories of my time at Dal. Great institution. Feels like a lifetime, or two, lol, since I graduated from there. Halifax really is a wonderful little city...despite what most would expect to be simple hometown bias on my part, it took travelling the world and spending many years away before I truly appreciated what a great spot it is. Have been settled back in the province since 1999 now.

Anyway, back to the markets. Are you playing the Canadian energy ETF's Silverbear? HOD perhaps? What signs of interest (technical, fundamental) are you seeing here in oil right now?

Best regards

Messages In This Thread

Re: Hal/Silverbear