Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Hal/Silverbear
In Response To: Re: Hal/Silverbear ()

Haligonian Hal,
I've been to Halifax several times. I love the place - especially the waterfront bars!! I'd move there in a heartbeat. I've travelled throughout Nova Scotia and enjoyed the area. Of course my Scottish heritage told me that "THIS is the place". Do they still have the piper at the border?
I trade HOD/U since I am trading with loonies (currency, not other traders). I didn't want to loose the currency edge, and HOD has good volume so I stuck with the Cdn ETF's. I considered trading DUG, but decided that I was further ahead trading HOD.
I use monthly and weekly pivots for trading tiggers. Oil fell below the weekly pivot this am (111.25) and I was tempted to put on the trade. I'll wait until 2:30 - 3:00 before deciding. It will be a counter trend trade ( I am looking for 106.00 in the short term). Long term, Oil is still a bull market - DUH!!
I also trade natgas - (HNU/D). Very volatile market. I also considered trading ECA - but it has been acting strangly lately. I can trade HNU/D easily.
If you follow Stockhouse - go to the HNU board - Maxcan is the best poster. Also, try this board - excellent Natgas traders board - (Wolf is the best futures trader).

http://www.firstenercastfinancial.com/forums/index.php

I am very reluctant to short Oil here - although the pivots have certainly worked well in the past. I shorted it the first week in March and made a few bucks - but my "gut" is telling me to wait to get long again. These counter trend trades can seriously bite you in the ass quickly! LOL

Best,
S

Messages In This Thread

Re: Hal/Silverbear