Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Hal/Silverbear/ECA *PIC*
In Response To: Re: Hal/Silverbear ()

Hi Silverbear,

Yup, hard to beat sitting down at an outdoor deck on the Halifax waterfront in summer. The Lower Deck is a particular favorite of mine. Not sure about the piper at the borders these days but maybe it still happens during peak tourist season. Scottish heritage runs deep for me as well so definitely understand your comment there.

Hope you made out yesterday on the short side of crude. It continues to decline today so maybe the seasonal turn is starting early this year, getting out ahead of QE2's wrap-up and bleeding out some of the fear/risk premium that had built up. Will continue watching for a bit to see if it has one more surge or rebound left. HOD will suit the bill when ready.

Thanks for the natgas forum link. Had a glance but will have a closer look when I get the chance. Have dabbled with HNU and followed that stockhouse forum at times as well. Don't post there but find it to be a good guage for retail sentiment. Have read maxcan's posts and agree he seems to be pretty sound in his approach.

As for ECA, I actually like how the chart is shaping up. After failing to get through and hold above $35 on numerous attempts I took all my chips out of this one, anticipating a corrrection that would bring it down to test the March breakout. We're seeing that now unfold nicely this week. Will start nibbling again at the $32 area. Encana is still waiting for the industry minister's approval of their China deal, something that appears to be delayed now by the Federal election perhaps. Should see a renewed lift here when that greenlight comes.

Anyway, just some of my current thoughts...

Messages In This Thread

Re: Hal/Silverbear/ECA *PIC*