Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Silver Continues to Run/Hallig.

Yes I have a ratio chart of that as well. You'll find the Dec high in Gold and Silver was the last relatively strong high and even the Gold stocks have underperformed. I know any even short term trades I have make generally has been with the double bull Gold ETF:DGP as ratio charts show Gold stronger than the Gold stocks. Typical of a topping area before at least a serious correction. Much like the low in Nov/08 was the capitulation low in the SPX while the March/09 low was the actual low with many sectors already rallying and the selloff volume light compared to the Nov/08 low. And with the spring and summer seasonally weak and random period approaching and the 6 months plus run up in time it is worth watching for weakness. That should show up 1st in the Silver to Gold ratio which is now 34 to 1. I wouldn't short it even then as Silver loves to whiplash everyone on the way down. I'd buy the double bear Silver ETF:ZSL or if in Canadian $ the HZD.to. The double bottom in both broke down yesterday so that's not an option just yet. But the chart will need a lot more work and trend changing to signal that. Meanwhile the trend is up. Just keep the sniper rifle ready for when it's time to pull the trigger.

Messages In This Thread

Re: Silver Continues to Run/Hallig.