Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Natgas Weekly Chart/Silverbear

Hey, I remember that book 'The Silver Bears' too around 1979-80,lol. That was so true and helped me actually be a stronger contrarian and respect extreme sentiment back then. So I stopped trading the big Silver contract and even stopped buying the Silver certificates from the bank when price hit $22. I had filled my pockets and the book tipped me off to what's next. I didn't care about the typical greedy mentality of "You're missing something" that most get into. GIMMI,GIMMI GIMMI only gets financial ruin. Never fails. I had done nicely and moved on. Just like taking a nice big bite out of the apple and leaving the rest for others. I guess one could consider that generous but as time went by didn't exactly look that way,LOL.......... I remember Howard Ruff the "Precious metals Guru" saying on the way back down that Silver at $10 bucks was basically "FREE" with inflation the way it was so LOAD THE BOAT. Like that worked out well all the way to $2 bucks. Good book! And a better 'heads up'.

Extreme sentiment is the best thing I ever discovered to get out and in with anything 'early'. I got 'out of' real estate buying and flipping then too by mid 1981. Had one offer only on the last house in mid 1981 and took it without a counter offer back as long as he removed all the "subject to's". He was a hot shot real estate developer with a big head and couldn't see what was coming. He figured that by being so close to the major water front that he could build condos if he bought up a few houses there. He never did his homework and the city said the locals would pack the meetings and they would never be able to approve rezoning for that. So much for being a hot shot. That house I sold him for $125K was listed a year later in the paper at $75K. So much for being a big wheel. I think we all know what little dogs do to big wheels,lol..... it was fun. woof,woof........

Messages In This Thread

Re: Natgas Weekly Chart/Silverbear