Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Natgas Weekly Chart/Silverbear

Well I was cautious enough on Silver in late '79 and with flipping houses both using the bank's money in 1979-81 to know when to get out safely 'early' with my pockets full. BUTTTTTTTT I wasn't so cocky as to jump in front of the freight train and scream 'stop now' either. I always remember the old saying "A market can remain irrational a lot longer than you can remain solvent." And "topping markets" can hang in there for some time historically. I do recall Silver would sell off hard and when everyone said "AHA" and shorted the crap out of it price would rebound and blow their socks off. Then the hot shots and dumb money baby Silver bulls would load the boat again also saying "AHA" and then price would plunge again. I knew more Silver bulls and bears back then that "BOTH" got blown away and I don't know any of them that made out good. So I was glad I just moved on without getting caught up in the GIMMI,GIMMI,GIMMI stage and traded sound sensible dependable markets. The final stage of a run up tends to do this with volatile choppy whip saw price action caused by short covering more buying and dumb money getting in and out and stops being hit both ways. Not a pretty sight. And no one know how far Silver could run. Back in '79-'80 $10-$20 silver was considered insane. And in 4.75 months it was $50 and back to about $10 in less time than that. Not a good idea to get caught up in the 'thrill' of it all really. Not cheap thrills in the end for most. There are other fish to fry,lol...........

Messages In This Thread

Re: Natgas Weekly Chart/Silverbear