Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Dx, Ng/Lee/Trades
In Response To: Re: Dx, Ng/Lee *PIC* ()

Hi Trades,
Thanks for the Dx, Ng charts/comments.

I had stayed up Thurs. night looking for "great things" from Dx, instead it fell like a rock till Europe got going.

Anyway, caught a decent chunk of Fri. am run up. We'll see what happens next !!

I like trading Dx when you can catch a short term trend as the bid/ask is reasonably "well behaved" and stops work well. Dx also (at times/often) lags Ec just enough that you can get off an order using Ec as a short term indicator.

Goal is to catch a bit of a short term trend but I want to get a few "good ticks" under my belt right off, or I'll just close out, eat my $10 commission and a tick or two and start over !!

When I think Dx is about to make a move (one way or the other) I tend to leave the other markets alone until Dx shows its stripes. No point walking the RR tracks until you know where the "train is" !!

Just watching the Ng options, there has to be a message buried in there somewhere !!????

Thanks, Lee

Messages In This Thread

Re: Dx, Ng/Lee/Trades