Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Fed hasn't decided exit strategy yet: Lockhart

Fed hasn't decided exit strategy yet: Lockhart (by Steve Goldstein)

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- The Federal Reserve hasn't decided on an exit strategy from ultra low interest rates and its $600 billion bond buying program, Atlanta Fed President Dennis Lockhart said Sunday, according to a transcipt of his remarks. "Some of my colleagues have already begun to weigh in on the details of exit. I will not do so today, but I think it would be a mistake to assume that these public conversations on exit are much more than an open discussion of the options the central bank should consider," he said. The Fed will communicate an exit strategy once it's clear the economic rebound is secure. "Once the expansion becomes more clearly sustainable, it will be appropriate to begin the process of normalization of interest rate policy and the Fed's balance sheet. The exact timing remains to be determined by the FOMC. I am confident that the committee will provide guidance when we have enough certainty that the guidance will provide more signal than noise to financial markets and the public," he said.