Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Sept Nat Gas/Critical Point/Trades/Silverbear

Hey Lee!!
This is the hardest market to call. The data can be misleading at times which results in wild swings.I usually don't trade on reporting day. I usually go in on Friday morning after the market has time to digest the figures. I trade off of the monthly pivots and S/R levels.

Here's an entry from another blogger from last Friday.

1. Either someone is asleep at the wheel or we are oversupplied by 2.5BCF/day. Am thinking there will be a revision to EIA #'s next week of about 10 BCF. If is correct, you could see $3.5 gas by fall. The market is telling you that they think that the EIA has overstated else we would be at 4 or less by now.

In response to a question as to how he got his data - his response was:

2. I run my own models. It is a full time job so I hate to give away all my work. Anyway, if you look at last yr., comparable week with same #'s of CDD, we had a build of 76 BCF which is 2.71BCF/day of greater supply for this last weeks' report if not revised. According to my work, the build should of been ~85-86BCF. That being with what is known. If there was a couple of LNG tankers that landed and not reported, then I can see the 95 BCF reported by EIA. Otherwise am expecting a 10 BCF correction in next weeks' report. That is the reason why the #'s don't add up.

If you want to follow the thread - here's the URL: http://www.stockhouse.com/Bullboards/SymbolList.aspx?s=HNU&t=LIST

His tag is "Researcher707".

Hope that helps.