Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Sept Nat Gas/Continues to Rebound/Lee/Trades

Hi Trades,
Thanks !!
I will look at it for sure, but I want to REINFORCE the statement that I am not "trying to trade off of
fundamentals" !!!

But others certainly seem to. Like those that own Gas Fired Power Plants, Large Industrial complexes and
likely right down to a "Local/regional Utility company". They are getting "high priced data" and from what I can
see they would do better using your charts !!!!! (More on this topic at another time/place.)

The marketplace is "not at all what I thought it was" !! Some users "buy from someone" but receive the
gas right "off the pipeline" - never touches a storage site. How this gas is negotiated/priced is likely related/derived
from the futures market, but it may, or may not be a deliverable on a futures contract.

I think the July Ng contract had an OI of over 200k contracts but when it finally closed out it was down to
about 27k contracts. I have no idea when, how(quickly) this gas was ultimately delivered ?? This is in part what
has caught my interest.

That Thursday EIA report is just part of a BIG GUESSING GAME since no one really knows what
Supply or Demand "really is". The only thing that is known is that what ever comes out of the ground is
sold/burned or has to go "into storage" as it has to go somewhere. It is the "change in that storage number"
that is the measure of whether supply exceeds consumption (++build/injection) or not.

It also seems that "producers" can "rent space in a storage site" to store gas. So, it does show up as
"reserves 'working gas in storage' " but you have no idea at what price it may come out.

Anyway, this part has just been fun to learn some stuff. If I ever figure out how to make money
on it you will be the first to know !!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Lee