Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Ng/Lee *PIC*
In Response To: Ng/Trades ()

Hi Lee. Yes I'm doing OK but as you suggest I'm not putting my ass on the line with the U.S.debt showdown in front of me. Big money already has their game plan in place and I'm not going to 2nd guess them even if I knew the outcome of this mess. Canada was in a financial situation similar in nature in 1993 with the world laughing at the Canadian dollar. They called it the Canadian Peso and at one point fell to about 62 cents U.S. While now it is worth 1.05 U.S. even with low interest rates. The debt levels were terrible. The politicians finally stopped pointing fingers at each other and slashed spending "AND" raised taxes and balanced the books in a short period of time but with a lot of pain as well. Just like taking Buckley's Mixture. Canada had 'balanced budgets" every year up until this last recession and it is not that far off even now. But that takes leadership and decision making and not just posturing and covering your own ass. Very few people are willing to take the heat and criticism for slashing entitlement programs and jacking up taxes on tons of things and being the bad guy for the sake of the future. Everyone needs to look in the mirror and see the problem. No one is off the hook and everyone is responsible including those that got the tax breaks or the cash one way or the other or didn't pay what needed to be paid to balance the books. This blame game is like a bunch of kids refusing to take responsibility for the damage done and blaming the other guy. Time to stop whining and blaming and step up to the plate and balance the budget without grandstanding on TV in front of the media trying to look good. These people just need to get over themselves and get the job done. They seem to forget they are and will continue to be replaced and forgotten about regardless. They were elected to lead so now it's time to do just that despite the thankless job to do.

As far as Sept Nat Gas goes see price breakout over the 4.40 area. It retraced 50% of the June to July selloff on this latest bounce. Recall I said it was still a bear and would act like a bear. Notice price did not rally all the way back to the top of the channel at 4.90. What is important now is with price pulling back to just under 4.40 and holding there the last two days. This is still 'support' at 3.35-4.40 area. "IF" price can hold here without any further sell off and can rally back through 4.40 the recent 4.58 would be the next target to reach and clearing that would see a run back to 4.90. So the big test is to see if the lows of the last two days of 4.35 will hold. If it can't hold expect another selloff after a weak bounce and another retest of 4.00. That is the acid test on the short term. A negative also is the Modified MACD and how weak it was on this latest 50% bounce back. That is basically a 'frown' and very weak which is not a positive sign ahead. And the RSI 21 has pulled back below the 50 line as well and also had a weak relative bounce. That's what bears do. And as you suggested perhaps that was the late July bounce back. They are just a high probability guide and can be early or late. But the multi year trends do show a consistent rally the last part of July which is sharply up into early August and then a lot of sideways choppy price action with a final selloff into early September lows.

Messages In This Thread

Ng/Trades
Re: Ng/Lee *PIC*
Re: Ng/Lee/Trades