Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Weather August 14-20/Ceejay *LINK*
In Response To: Weather August 14-20 ()

Hi Ceejay,
Thanks !!

For my part, I'm at a loss to contribute much of anything at the moment.

Ng took a bit of a hit on open tonight and I have no clue. Likely just Dx and the overall market crap going on ???

The Thursday reports just keep dropping Ng each week and lately just dribbling down after.
Production doesn't seem to have changed much at all. Seems to be about 4+ Bcf/day and each week the build is up and the price drops again.

I have no clue where Producers start to run into trouble on costs. Maybe they have been expecting the US economy to strengthen more and Industrial consumption to increase??? Maybe all of this "Heat" has just kept price from falling any more than it already has ????

In any case, I have not been able to detect any "short term event/activity" that has "shown up in the price chart" !!! Still seems to be doing just what the seasonal charts say it should be doing right through August ???

Guess we just have to wait for a "big weather disruption" in the Gulf to see how quickly it shows up in price.

On production costs:
I started looking and found this link:
http://www.theoildrum.com/node/5169

It goes back to 2009 but seems to contain some interesting thoughts, I have to go back to it.
There has to be a point somewhere, where they slow down on the production.
Keep chugging !!!
Lee