Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Nat Gas infrastructure's resilience/Ceejay

Hi Ceejay,
I read that article.

Yes, I agree in part, but not completely. Those pipeline additions have been in place for a couple of years, and may well have contributed to "pushing Ng price down" over time as the "excess gas" from the "western, and producing regions" has been moved east, pushing prices down.

Ng prices will be where they will be before a major disruption in the Gulf, but it has to impact things. Likely not a "Katrina like spike" to 10 or 13, but there will be an impact. If pipeline flows are holding prices at a level and suddenly all/most Gulf production is shut down, it is going to show up.

Just my thoughts,

Lee