Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Nat GAs/ What the Hell am I missing here?/Trad

Hi Trades,

Maybe I'm being a bit stupid on your comment: ??
"Why is everyone jumping up and down about the price of Nat Gas?????"

I expected Ng to go down and I still do. In fact, it is back down to yesterday's close (after this mornings 'after report') bounce as I type this.

I think I mentioned in earlier post (with the storm track image) that Irene should not really impact Ng price and if anything, all of the rain will cool things down all along the coast, save Florida, SC maybe. This should take a big chunk out of current demand, but I don't see much else that should impact Ng price.

So, my take is the storm is currently bearish to Ng. If many more Nuclear plants are shut down over flooding fears, or power outages on the grid then that would push up demand temporarily ......

But, I think your chart tells the Ng story and I think the storm is a "non event" for Ng price at the moment.

I have to run out for an hour or so, will write more if I think of anything else.
Thanks, Lee