Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Dx ??/Hal/ *PIC*
In Response To: Re: Dx ??/Hal/Lee ()

Hey H. Here is the Silver to Gold ratio chart again. Wish I had taken that last signal at those breakout points very seriously and road the wave to the top. Don't know why I just jumped on and off again like a jack rabbit when I've been posting the damn thing for years now. The breakouts occur every even year since 2004 although the 2010 breakout shown was later than the 2004,2006 and 2008 breakouts. Nice and consistent in any case. But now the ratio is in a 4 month channel. As much as I hate to say "It's different this time" I do think it is different as I no longer believe Silver is viewed as a precious metal to speculate on as much as Gold is with the extreme fear of currencies and countries on the verge of bankruptcy.I don't see the "risk on" mentality anymore as before. But the chart will decide that not me. I just do what I'm told by the chart.

I thought of you the other day as my younger daughter is constantly saying housing prices here are insane and she wants off this XXXXXXX Island. She showed me a picture of a house in Nova Scotia with acreage and overlooking a nice lake and the house was completely updated. The price was $169,000. You couldn't buy a cheap 50'X100' building lot here for that kind of money. You wouldn't find one anyway. A couple of people have bought older houses around here and torn them down and built new as that was the only way they could get what they wanted. Can't see them ever getting their money back but that wasn't the point I guess. But I told her I saw on the news cut backs in hiring with the provincial government there. Wouldn't be surprised to see her fly out. Might be a good way to get my ass off this rock and travel for a change too if she decided to go out that way for a look see. I consider just going to the store a trip,lol.