Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: PanAm ?? NTR/Rabbit
In Response To: Re: PanAm ?? NTR ()

Hi Rabbit,

Not sure about Hughs ... But when I had a contract with a division of ITT early 80's [I'll leave out the who, what, why] but I was made aware of the early evolution of ITT and I remember analogies being drawn to the early days of Pan Am.

ITT had been known as "The Telephone Company of the Rest of the World" and there were many activities in the Caribbean, Central and South America that closely paralleled those of Pan Am. Political and otherwise leading into and through the 60's.

That in large part is what attracted my attention. The era of "Harold Geneen" was particularly interesting, but I'm not sure how much published detail one will find on that era.

One can draw their own conclusions on just who was pulling the strings in the early development of these companies.

Hope the show is interesting !!

Lee

Messages In This Thread

PanAm ?? NTR
Re: PanAm ?? NTR
Re: PanAm ?? NTR/Rabbit
Re: PanAm ?? NTR/Rabbit/Lee