Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Can My Broker Overcharge Me?

I told the broker that I was willing to spend up to $500 at the MOST for these options, option prices were left at $375 previous day close, and had not traded yet, current day, can the broker purchase these options based on my budget instead of what the market is trading at ?
I asked to purchase a couple of put options a few days ago, the options were purchased during the day for $500, when I got home in the evening I seen the option worth less than $400. I feel like I paid too much for it, market moved down 10 points, in my favour, and Im still not breaking even.