Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Marketing a trading course
In Response To: Re: Marketing a trading course ()

I have paper traded successfully followed up by losing my whole acct.
Did this for years & then went with a real time mock trading acct. which helped a lot.
None of this is the same as real trading though, our emotions are the killer.
Sound familiar? I got in a trade, Oh no its going against me, losing 50, its going to come back, oh no losing 100, it will turn back now as its way oversold,, I'll be ok, oh no I better get out with this 150 loss before it gets bigger. What now it turns? I would have made 250 but instead lost 150. The third time this week, they are gunning for me!

In my opinion, only a newbe would buy a trading plan without being proven with all real money trades.
Basics are basics but some things work better at various times. But even so sticking to a plan with good past results still comes down to discipline
& controling your emotions.