Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Website for my trading course is up!/Gian

Hi Gian,
Because you have always come across as a decent person, I post the following.

Good luck with your course. The "Crotchety folks on this forum" will not be turned off because they are old and crotchety, but because of your posts asking the questions you did on trading platforms, commissions, and demonstrating a "total lack of understanding of what is available in 'real time data streams and real time charting' ". Further, a total lack of understanding on a trading platforms performance with your "conclusion that because an account balance is updated immediately/quickly that the data must be delayed !!!!

All WRONG.

I have "real time data streaming" [watch list driven, of which I have many from prior stock trading] that I can easily toggle between, but there is at least 22 products on the screen at one time before I have to scroll down. Then I have to toggle watch lists. But the toggle is just the way I have things set up.

The same is true of the "real time charts" from which I can trade. For speed of execution of orders, if I place an order at the current bid/ask as appropriate I get an instant marker of the fill on the chart. Putting the mouse on that marker provides all of the order details.

All of this comes with the account, no fees. Round trip futures runs between 8 and 11 depending on the product.

Then there is so much other info that I'm not about to write a "training book" on the Ox site. But I will mention the frequent free "webinars" .

Be careful of those who do not trade, but criticize brokers. No decent on line broker deals with account managers, calling the trading floor etc. as some have mentioned. A great on-line broker provides a "bug free" vehicle for trading, and solid "customer support" for their product and a "fully staffed qualified trading desk" should you have a question or problem They will help with order "constructs" but not trading advice. Beyond that you are on your own AS YOU SHOULD BE !!

Lee