Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Website for my trading course is up!/Gian

Further, a total lack of understanding on a trading platforms performance with your "conclusion that because an account balance is updated immediately/quickly that the data must be delayed !!!!

Reply]
No, I did not say it was because the account data was updated quickly. I said that because you are not paying extra for real time data. Last time I got into this debate with someone, I called thier broker, and they told me that to have REAL TIME streaming chart data, you had to pay a subscription fee. Only streaming *Delayed* data was free.

My broker is the same way. For free, you get streaming data that is delayed for 10 to 15 minutes. For $70.00 you get real time streaming charts. In addition ICE futures charges $65.00 for thier real time chart data which my broker passes along without any markup if I want (and I do want).

For your broker to pay the exchanges for the data feed, AND only charge you $8-11 round turn, will cause him to lose money if you are not a very frequent trader. Brokerages are not in the business to lose money. It makes no logical sense to do that.