Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Website for my trading course is up!/Gian

Again, what you are saying does not compute. I am going to have to call you guy and ask him to explain it to me.

As an example, the ICE futures real time chart data cost $65 a month. It's a cost from the exchange for real time chart data (although they do give real time quote data fairly cheap). How is your broker paying this fee for you, and then giving it to you at no cost? He's losing money every month. You would have to do $65 worth of trade commissions for him, just to break even.

If you pay a $7 round turn commission, you have to place 10 trades minimum for the numbers to balance out to zero, and you broker hasn't made any money on commissions yet because everything had to go to ICE for the live real time Chart data. Every exchange sells thier data, for charts, and quotes for some sort of fee. How can your broker be paying all these fees added together, and then turn around and eat them to give them away to you for nothing? It make no business sense to lose money like that. That is the part I am not getting.

Now, as for all the instantaneous trades and super fast fills and such, I have that too. I can up my subscription and trade one click off the charts if I want to stop having to fill out the tickets by hand as well. Heck, I may do that just to take advantage of the wild swings when the grains open in the morning.

As for commision fees, my broker can go as low as $1 a side + exchange fees for large sized accounts that trade electronically. On the other side, someone who has just opened an account, say with $5k, might be paying $9 a side. They also have rates for assisted, and managed futures, that to me, are way to expensive, but are not out of line with others I see.

As for the Margin, it's just the deposit the exchanges require to hold a contract. You get it back, minus any losses you have incurred once the trade is completed.

As for the funds, I don't want mine transfered into another account. I want them in mine, so I can grow it. I'd love to have 50K in working capital, and another 100K in reserve. a single guy like me could live very, very nicely trading 25 contracts at a time, instead of just one like I normally do.