Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Ng ??Lee & Ronbo *PIC*
In Response To: Ng ??/Hal ()

I haven't been reading the dozens of 7-10 posts as I suspect they are typical jump up and down outragous comments or arguments for the most part. Looking at the headings of some of the posts I have to wonder where the Webmaster is when flames begin. Looks like it's about time for everyone to flip out and start it all over again. But I've reached the point of ignoring and just not reading those outrageous b.s. posts that have no content. Reminds me of school boy bantering.

But if you are following this 7 days in a row of higher highs and higher lows Gann thing "OR" lower lows with lower highs consecutively Jan Nat Gas has had 8 days in a row with lower highs and lower lows as of Wednesday Oct 12th intraday. There were two inside days in the middle of that span but they don't count for anything. So the theory is there is a trend change to up of some magnitude. Can't recall all the details I came across long ago but that's the general idea. The theory doesn't have a high odds track record of accuracy either but the reality of it is with the consistent selling off with lower highs and lower lows finally being broken then "SOMETHING" has changed with this trend. This suggests the downward pattern has ended to some degree for awhile. Never says how much change but like all changes in character it could be significant . Much like any technical analysis of a breakout or breakdown in price or even other indicators. It's the change that is or better yet " may be significant'. Just like all changes. Even a turn in a road suggests a change in what you have been experiencing. You get the idea in any case. Bottom line price still has to clear the downtrendline regardless of anything and everything. Until that occurs the major trend is down. And even then price would still need to clear 1st resistance of 4.25 to suggest a "major trend change". Just thought I'd post this in case you were watching this as Wednesday's higher high was about the only thing presently that could be viewed as bullish with this chart. Price still needs a lot more upside to prove itself. But Ronbo's options way out to Feb would be the way to go which allows a lot of time for a change. I'd posted some time ago one could buy a way out of the money Option Strangle and forget about direction but that of course would cost twice as much. So I just thought I'd post this chart and comments on Jan Nat Gas fwiw. Am not interested in reading the other posts so this may have been covered already.