Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: ng/Stargazer/CeeJay
In Response To: Re: ng ()

Hi Stargazer, CeeJay,

Thanks ... It is comforting that you missed me !!!!
"By the way, where is Lee on this? " Couldn't resist, I have been with out power since 2.30 Saturday afternoon and still don't have power and have NO IDEA when when they might get it fixed either !!!???? (More later) So, I am one of the millions you mentioned holding the price down

Where do I sit on Ng ??? I read through yours and CJ's posts since the weekend and agree with your comments. My view hasn't really changed since that post back to CJ shortly before Nov. expired mentioning the CHK (Aubrey) comments, high production, apparent slow shift to liquids for the cash and some regions still profitible down to about $2 or 2.50 (forget which). Adding that I seriously doubted that I would short the Ng market at the current levels, [Comment was based on what I could see at time of writing .... not to say it couldn't go down some more.]

So, until you and CJ make it COLD I don't see very much to move the price up PLUS there are as of this morning 16 Nuclear plants fully down and a half dozen at reduced levels for what ever reason.
Another week in the re-fueling cycle ??? Then there is the fall maintenance of the large coal plants - when does that wrap up ??? So both activities are going to support Ng price.

So, I'm in watch and wait mode until something starts to change........
=====
On the power outtage, I'm frustrated. No I idea when they will get it back.

I went to Electric supply and bought cable for a long "extension cord" from my next door neighbor (only a 15 amp circuit) so things really suck. Got the computers back up late today. Really sucks when you have to "count electrons to function" !!!!!

Bought a Kerosene heater way back in the 70's when Carter did his thing and you couldn't count on getting an oil delivery (that's when I switched to Ng for heat). Kept that heater around as a back up and has come in handy a few times. So now, that, plus 4.65/gal to the sand folks for Kero i'm reasonably comfortable, at least not freezing !!!!

So, with a few laughs and patience, you can make coffee on it, heat soup, heat water (if you like to bathe /wash dishes). Maybe I'll just fry up a few eggs in the morning - as long as I don't forget to plug in the fridge after I shut the computer off and go to bed !!!!!

I have also been told that there is not a hotel/motel room available
----------
I guess I was lucky !!! There are trees down every where you look, and large areas out.

In my case a tree came down at my neighbors on the left, took down his drop, and must have shorted/damaged the transformer serving 5 or 6 houses. Everyone on either side is fine !!! So I was able to get some power from the folks on the other side. Most folks weren't that "LUCKY".

But then, since there are only 5 or 6 houses involved we are "way down on the list" in the "numbers game". I heard a "rumor today" that it could be Dec. before all is restored !!!!!

Enough for now,

Hope all are at least OK !!!

Lee