Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: emini---trades/duck *PIC*
In Response To: Re: emini---trades ()

Just keep in mind as long as price continues to close on the one side of the 4ema your trade is safe. I realize a lot can happen in 5 minutes but instead of exiting a good position you can ride it to at least one close on the other side of the 4ema at least. But only two closes normally reverses the trend. And while you can trade it with just this only your odds are better if you only take long trades when the rising 22ema is above the rising 50ema. So the major trend is your friend and the price has had two closes back above the 4ema again after a pullback. That is the perfect set up if you are patient enough to wait. This last pic the trend was down with the moving averages and MACD as well so a turn back up is likely to fail sooner as it is counter trend. I use Qcharts and can drag a chart of any time frame back for years if I wish to do research which is very handy. But see how price will come back to the 22ema home base. Once back home it may just track sideways or continue to run or reverse back down again. "IF" the 22ema is below the falling 50ema and price runs back up to the 22ema home base odds favour a selloff again. No guarantee but a higher odds trade as the trend using these mov averages is down. And the trend is your friend in all time frames. See price now rally back up from my last chart and come back to home base. Be careful what conclusions you come to once price gets back home again. Odds favour a selloff again with the trend down but it could also just track sideways or breakout and run up and ride above the 4ema with steady closes above too. Price and the 4ema are faster than the moving averages or the MACD 9-18-1. Anything can happen once back to home base.