Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Gold - This is the Week!....Hal/Ronbo/Trades

Hi guys,
Was about to thank Trades for his chart, comments when these were posted, so thought it made sense to put it all in one place.

Trades:
Thanks, I updated my chart with the 200 ema and I get about 1621 and Gold came within a line width of tagging it before falling off.

I wanted to pay attention today( Hal's Hoyle post) since I am always "doing something else" when Gold takes off and makes it's move. Interesting the way it suddenly fell off before noon but has recovered about half of that. Certainly was struggling every time it approached 1616/17 or so. Be interesting to see how far it pulls back going into the close.

Hal:
Question .... When you use 200dma or 40wma terminology, I assume you mean for dma an exponential moving avg. on a daily chart and for wma an exp. ma on a weekly chart ???

All I know on Gold at the moment is that every time I turn my back and look the "other way" it makes it's move !!!! So, for now I think I will just be the "Trades proverbial Cat" perched at the "Mouse Hole" !!
Thanks, Lee