Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Why I Bought My First Hand Gun/NTR/Rabbit/Lee *LINK*

Yep,

you posted that you appreciated the article. Who's to say how low NG can go. Watched a TV segment a bit back on the Bakken shale in North Dakota. About 2 years ago people were driving there and getting jobs right away. Now they drive in expecting to get a job, but they are looking for experienced works, so lots of people end up living what looks like make shift motels and trailer parks until they can figure out what to do.

Reminds me of the Conrad Hilton story where he went to Cisco Texas to start a Bank or an Insurance company. Don't remember which one. When he got there they had just entered their oil boom. There was only one hotel at the time, and they were renting the rooms by the hour in shifts and that also could include multiple people to one room. He wanted his own room for a day, but no luck. Thats when he decided to get into the hotel business. One article I read said he may have even bought that very hotel from the owner. Don't know about that.

Just like the gold rushes where few struck it rich by finding major gold, but others like either Levi Jeans or Lee Jeans became rich selling jeans to the many. I think it was Levi, but not sure.

Also reminds me of when they were building the Alaskan pipe line it was said that all the men went up their to work and there was not a whole lot more for them to do, so the prostitutes were cleaning up because they were charging big bucks and could get it.

I included a link to an article about how the oil industry in a part of Russia is impacting their environment. It is an interesting read. They mention Siberia's Lake Baikal. I saw something on Lake Baikal on the animal channel. I believe that is the fresh water lake that is larger then all the great lakes in North America combined.

Good luck working on that back pocket carry. Down the road if you ever decide on a hand gun, let us know which one and why you chose it.