Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: NG short term/CJ
In Response To: NG short term ()

Hi CeeJay,
Well I hope you are right !!!!

I was about to post about this trade to you when Ng started to go up again over last half hour.

Most of the pre-report estimates that I have seen center in the lower half of the 80's, which I felt was bearish. Seems you think -100 is also bearish.

I shorted at 3.085 looking at it as a typical pre-report bounce.

Well, needless to say, trade is currently underwater. I screwed up my stop by a penny and when I discovered it, I decided to ride it out as it was dropping off again. Well, now it's back up !!!!

So .....
It's the emini, so loss is about 110 at this point, so I think I will ride it out for a bit.

Looks like the big players are seeing higher numbers or reacting to the current weather rather than what the report is likely to show.

We'll see,
Good Luck,
Thanks, Lee