Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: U.S.$ Index/ Backing off Resistance/Haligonian

Yes the Gold stocks did hold up well. And that reversal bar on DX at 81.50 resistance looks compelling for a pullback and a rally with inverse markets. I did a bunch of ratio charts with the Gold group and ABX is outperforming GDX,GDXJ,GLD,DGP for some time now. But the Junior Gold GDXJ has been outperforming GDX for the 1st time since mid Dec which suggests a rally in the Juniors which often lead a better rally. I'll stick to the overall winner ABX if I get long tomorrow. Need some proof next of substance. It is in a very tight 5 day pattern that is also explosive like the SPX and a few other markets just winding up like a tight clock. Should see some fireworks SOON. Gold still needs to clear $1625 to suggest a bounce to 1670 or perhaps 1700 which isn't too exciting. But if ABX clears 48.50 it should be good for a run to the Nov/Dec highs at 53.25. The last 7 trading days look like a Flag complete with a Flag Pole before it with the last few days the Flag. They often do two in a row. So the big test of DX at resistance is what to watch now. Night trading is showing life in most inverse markets so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Messages In This Thread

U.S.$ Index/ Backing off Resistance *PIC*
Re: U.S.$ Index/ Backing off Resistance
Re: U.S.$ Index/ Backing off Resistance/Haligonian