Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Easier to trade commodities than stocks?

Easier?
That depends on the systen-methods the trader an dwhat the traders favors or likes? I would say they are all easy. But trade stocks-etfs options for the most part.
I am a big user of cycles and use many gann type patterns. But I don't forecast as far as trading goes.
I also don't care or look at the longer term stuff as far as trading goes.
I believe Gann may be as good or better than any other books ect., but I would stay away from most books except for a true beginner to get an idea of what the markets are all about.
You also have to understand that analyzing or going over charts is NOT trading and is far from trading! That would be kind of like you reading and talking about football and next week think you can be the QB in th the super-bowl?
I trade and I am not an analyst! I have some systems-methods and trade them!
Gann is OK and probably better than most stuff you will find? But only after you know the basics.
If you can get ahold of some of Ganns newsletters from later in his life, when he was more open to say more about what he was looking at and using and it was basicly a run down of the markets now and each week and month. They may be worth your time.
The Gann books ect.? I would stay away from most of them.

Good luck in your trading!
The things I have fopund that work best are the setups that don;t happen very often, but when they do happen, happen a high percentage of the time, with big solid moves! Run you system-methods once a week or so and take it easy the rest of the time. No watching every little move and every swiggy line. No analyzing or charting studying!

Have fun!