Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

knoxtennCalling COW top, selling pair LCJ12@129.50

I'm a hay farmer and part time logger. I see pie eyed cow people trippin' out in la-la land with these fantastic cattle prices. They talking like its shangrila forever and ever. We all know that the gravy train ends around here someplace. This final thrust was a jam job, technically clipping the highs and triggering robots to go long. Seeing diminished steam through this entire topping pattern. Uncle Joe and Aunt Mary ain't be paying top dollah for hoof rot flank. Taste will follow wallet to pork and fowl, even lamb and goat. Ostrich even. Yeah, April supposed to be seasonal top. I'm guessing its priced in already in the April futures. Call it an early cycle high, whatever. Ash Wednesday this month and Easter on April 8 this year, beef is so done already. Also selling April Cattle $1.30 calls for almost a $1000 each, 50 days to expire next best thing to free money. Lookit the hogs, almost gave back all yesterdays baloney gains already. Take care knoxtenn, thanks for caring. Oh, by the way, I think that coffee short was against the seasonal for this time frame, too. I used to swear by seasonals, ended up swearing at them. Now I love to fade them, when necessary. Anyways, farmers going goofy is always a good time to position the other way. Believe me, I know, been goofy way too many times myself. Real costly that goofiness is!

Messages In This Thread

Calling COW top, selling pair LCJ12@129.50 *NM*
Re: Calling COW top, selling pair LCJ12@129.50
knoxtennCalling COW top, selling pair LCJ12@129.50