Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Investor confidence in equities rises/ Insider

I can't argue with the concept of a political market here. But it is what it is and must be dealt with accordingly. Right now the SPX is back to in between the July/11 high of 1356 and the May/11 high of 1370. That is a very big resistance area to be dealt with. Hard to believe price will clear and hold above those points but crazier things have happened. Corporate insider selling is at an extreme high as well much like last July just before the selloff then. Lots of sectors rolling over technically and the energy sector is rallying. Does look like now is the time to buy puts. Not sure which ones to buy and how far out though. I often just buy inverse ETFs single,double or triple. But one has to be very right on them like options to as they erode over time when the timing is off. Not an easy way to make a buck but then it's the only game in town it seems. Good luck with your put buying and timing. Had to laugh recently as I came across a stock you recommended at around $3 to $4 in Feb/09 and watched it rally to over $20 by Nov/09 along with some others you were recommending do the same. When I came across it again just over 2 weeks ago I couldn't help but notice it was in a very bullish chart pattern with rising lows and a flat top at $30. Thought to myself I should buy it on a breakout over $30 but missed it. Price tagged $34 every day last week.