Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Ng and Hi /Lee/Trades
In Response To: Re: Ng and Hi /Lee *PIC* ()

Hi Trades,
I don't argue your point at all except ........

When I mention "short term" on Ng I'm looking at 2, 3 days, a week at most. Not 3 years.

That weekly storage report (supposedly a measure of supply/demand - but it isn't very good at it) can really drive the Market Price "crazy" if off from the industry estimates by only a few Bcf !!! Why ?? Nobody knows what actual consumption is until well after the fact and that EIA report is not very good at it either !!!! So, the short term weather becomes a major factor in the short term projections of consumption that go into the weekly projections from a "multitude of companies" feeding the "Thursday EIA report "frenzy" !!!! And, Price surely does respond, with just a small variance.

Then as the facts continue to come out, price settles into a new level until the "next feeding frenzy" just like a bunch of piranha.

So, no, I don't disagree with your observations at all. Only on the "very short time frame".

If we don't see some Cold weather creep in here in the short term and no further signs of production cutbacks, Ng I think will be heading South again. I leave next week as a "toss up" with the Holidays, H rollover and options expiration. !!!!

I haven't tried to do a "max damage estimate" on the options, but should have tried !!
Thanks, Lee