Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Latest COT Gold, Silver and USD Index Rept/Hal *PIC*

COT has most value at ****extremes****.

Right now we've just had a test of the 09 low with 2+ SD volume, so a hard test. I would think this minor trend turn may find a following if it comes to pass. Of course, we expect nothing but bad news here; the good news comes later on, along with much higher prices.

As for COT, for the better part of a year, the Large traders (green) have been starting to offload a very large short position, despite lower price. This is out of character for trend traders. For 4 months or so, fund Managers (magenta) have been doing the same, ditto. Although not evident on this chart, the Commercials have been near decade long levels for quite awhile.

I would only add that Commercials, Funds, and Large traders spend a bundle for weather models and prognostication; but their main driver has always been the behavior of price. They have no interest in 7-10 day forcasts, as anything beyond is unknowable. These folks are not daytraders.

The best freebee COT site is Software North, which I believe Trades has previously referenced. They provide a somewhat longer term perspective, which is useful in this area.

Lee, you are a question box, which is a good thing; as we all should strive to learn as we go along. CO