Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: April Crude/Still Holding Above the Breakout P

Most days I check both up and down scans for 7 in a row there is nothing coming up. But then there must be 7 in a row. The reason the scan can't include stocks or commodity ETFs that have inside days inbetween is the scan is set for each of the 7 days. So without knowing which day could be an inside day it can only go by what its required settings are. In a way it is better as it is actually 7 in a row without any questionable inside days that were not like the other required days. But fewer will show up each day. Most days there is nothing showing. I often forget to even check as there is usually none most of the time. Yesterday just one on the TSX and none on anything U.S. If I knew which day the inside day would be I could punch it in of course but that's impossible to know which day or how many inside days. So the scan has to be 7 in a row for a signal. It is more selective that way to so I would suspect the selections would be better overall than including inside days. I also have the scan set for at least 500k volume and price over $10. That will catch most stocks in the U.S. but with that volume it will miss many on the TSX that doesn't have the higher volume. I lowered the price for this scan as it doesn't catch much anyway. Normally I use at least above $20 and with 1million volume per day. I guess I could lower the volume when using the scan for TSX stocks that would pick up more selections. I looked at CNQ but it broke below the Jan and Feb lows of 36 U.S. Tuesday and is in a downtrend since early Feb and well below the 20ema so I wouldn't touch it right now. Price bumped up against that 36 breakdown pt today and backed off. Need to re-cross that for starters and then try to clear the downtrendline from what I'm looking at.