Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: AAPL forming a 7-10 / STR
In Response To: Re: AAPL forming a 7-10 / STR ()

Yes higher highs and higher lows for at least 7 days in a row. But being the scan is not intuitive like Google that would say when you punched something in "Did you mean....... I have to be the one to try to use the scan as best as possible. So If I write the selections down each day I will see the day 7 and 8 and 9 type of thing if they show up more than one day and when the next day the symbol stops showing up that would mean it has been triggered for a trend change. With Stockcharts I can also use Elder Impulse bars that show these higher highs and higher lows usually with green bars as the 13ema is rising plus the very sensitive momentum indicator Histogram is also rising. The day that price loses even a little momentum the bar will turn blue which is also another heads up. This recently occurred on VRX.to with several blue bars on its big rally higher showing a loss of momentum despite higher prices. It is no longer showing up so has been triggered as a trend change with the 7-10 system. That was last Friday or Monday I think. Just started keeping records. And of course I check the lower highs and lower lows for 7 days in a row too for buy signals. Nothing much there has showed up on either markets with the markets rallying. I also lower the volume requirements for the Canadian stocks to 100k. So we'll see what shows up and works out.